Sunday, December 11, 2005

NFL Picks - Slim Pickin's

On an average NFL weekend, I'll really like about 5 or 6 of the lines that are posted. Every month or so, I'll take a look at the Sunday lines, and decide that there are about 8 or 9 that are particularly tasty. There is rarely a weekend where only a couple lines are appealing. Unfortunately, this is one of these weeks. I present to you, today, which couple of lines are the only ones that are appealing to me....

Patriots -4.5 at Buffalo
This is the juciest line I've seen this week. The Pats are in the point of the season where they are really getting desperate. Buffalo is at the point in their season where, if they can keep losing, they'll get in the Matt Leinart sweepstakes (Reggie, sorry to report to Buffaloians, will be in New Jersey or SF). Too bad I didn't get this one when it was at 3.5 pts...I hope you did.

Panthers -6 vs. Tampa Bay
Again, one I wish I jumped on at the open, when it was -5. Carolina is getting Peppers back for this game, and they will finally have their first chance in a couple games to really flex their offensive muscle. TB has been embarrassing, scoring only 10 against the saints. Both teams will be excited for this one, but I have faith in the Del-homme-led Ca-Pants. Something like that.... Fun irrelevant fact for this game: In both teams' last 4 games, they are both 3-1, with their only losses (both) coming to the Bears.

Kansas City +3 at Dallas
This is the toughest of these 3 to pick, but I like it just b/c of the streaks these teams are on. KC just took down Denver, as part of their current 3-game winning streak. The 'boys have lost to both Denver and NY Giants, for their 2-game losing streak. Take KC and the points (and give up the vig).

What do you think about these?

My favorite online gambling sites are Bet365 and Pinnacle Sports:

Bet It Live With bet365!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really like the site man.... the picks are suprisingly good as well. I like indy,cinci,minn,carolina,new england and denver today so we match up on some. GL today and keep it up with the blog...

11:18 AM CST  
Blogger Doing Lines said...

Thanks anonymous - Good luck to both of us, and feel free to keep posting your comments.

11:22 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any play on sunday nights game? I think I like GB -6.5

6:20 PM CST  
Blogger Scott said...

One up, one down, one push.

Not the most exciting result, but hey, like Crash said in "Bull Durham," "Some days you win, some days you lose, and some days it rains."

If you're looking for something to do for MNF, consider the under 44'.

12:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home