Friday, January 13, 2006

Testing, testing...

Uh, hello. Union Jack, here. Uh, um...does this thing work?

[akward silence]

Well first, I want to thank man above because without him, I wouldn't have NFL playoffs to wager on.

Second, I would like to extend my gratitude to Doing Lines. Thanks for the generous, albeit careless, invitation to post/gamble amongst fine brethren such as yourselves.

Now, as we all know, online gambling is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in awhile, you don't do things right once in awhile...ALL RIGHT, enough with the introductory/motivation speech...ON TO MY PICKS.

--Carolina +2.5 over the Bears--
Yes, Chicagoans, you read it right. The Bears will not cover. Heck, they may very well lose this game.

1) Health - A healthy Jake Delhomme, a healthy DeShaun Foster. Carolina will rush for more than 55 yards this go-around.

2) Steve Smith - 14 catches, 169 yards AND NO TOUCHDOWNS. That's a fluke, my friends. I don't buy the whole bend-but-don't-break philosophy (excuse?).

3) T-Rex Grossman - Quick trivia, who has more career starts, Rex or Kyle Orton?

4) Coaching - John Fox vs Lovie Smith.

5) The Bears played a patsy schedule with 6 games against GB, MN, and DT (or is it DL?).

Gosh, I'm running out of steam here. I swear it's not my first time...

--Denver -3.0 over the Patriots--
Yes, all you Bridget Moynahan fans, the Patriots will go down. As a side note, as the Patriots dynasty ends, does Brady spiral into depression and end up with Tara Reid at his side? Hey, at least he'll now have something in commom with Kyle Boller.

In any case, not much to this game. Everyone loves the Patriots (and the Bears, for that matter). I'm going against the grain.

1) Denver is at home. Where they are 8-0 (5-2-1 ATS). With a long week to prepare. Also, over the past 5 years, Denver is 3-1 ATS vs Patriots.

2) Big match up here? Denver's rushing attack (2nd in the NFL at 158.7 ypg) vs NE rushing defense (98.8 ypg). I think Denver wins this matchup.

I'm exhausted. DL, I don't know how you do this on a regular basis.

For the sake of brevity, I give you:

--Washington +9.5 over Seattle--
Redskins 5-0-1 ATS in their last 5. Seattle is the trendy pick. Seattle wins by 3.

--Colts -9.5 over Pittsburgh--
I see a repeat of the game earlier this year. Peyton strikes early, throws Pit out of their game plan (ie you can't run the ball 100 times if you are down 2 touches. Ok, you can, but you will lose, by 2 touches). And that's exactly what will happen.

Union Jack, ten-four, over and out.

0-0-0. [Nothing like a fresh start]

My favorite online gambling sites are Bet365 and Pinnacle Sports:

Bet It Live With bet365!

2 Comments:

Blogger Doing Lines said...

Welcome, UJ. Good initial post, outside of the fact that you're wrong on a couple of them. But that's cool. Keep it up, and good luck to you, hombre.


----------------------------
Doing Lines - visit the sports gambling blog:
Doing Lines - the Sports Gambling Blog

7:36 PM CST  
Blogger Union Jack said...

Thank DL.

Dissension was not the intention. Just gotta follow my numbers.

Now if I can only remember to add a title to my next post.

8:29 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home