Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The 30pt NBA Rule

Here's what I've learned in the last week of NBA watching.

In an NBA game when a favorite has a 30 pt 3rd quarter point differential, you would much rather have your greenbacks on the team getting 9+ points than the team leaving them on the floor.

The defense presents the following two examples:

1. Lakers at Pistons. Pistons up by 31 early in the 3rd quarter and end up with only a 9 pt win, leaving folks like myself who got late money at -9.5 on the losing end. Now, those non-believers probably invoke the Kobe Bryant excpetion. For you, I offer:

2. Bulls at Mavs: Bulls down 69-39 in the 3rd quarter then charge back to easily win my wager.

The moral of this story, is if you're team is down in the 3rd quarter, you want them to be done big (assuming you don't bet the Knicks or an equivalent team that loves to quit).
I raise this issue to combat an alarming trend of "hail mary" bets that may not be needed. As you know, the "Hail Mary" bet is the, "oh shit, my team is down 30 with no chance of winning with number, I look to the West and gamble on a St. Mary's, Portland or Hawaii team that I've never seen." Union Jack ?

My favorite online gambling sites are Bet365 and Pinnacle Sports:

Bet It Live With bet365!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

You may already know that sign up is free at traffic swarm. You can also move up to the Pro membership, Check this out: "New TrafficSwarm Pro Membership Delivers TWICE the traffic, Provides FREE Custom Products and MUCH More!"

"We Create the Products for you to sell...and YOU keep All The Money!

To find out more visit: multi-level marketing site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and multi-level marketing related stuff.

8:21 AM CDT  
Anonymous rasballs said...

Getting back to the 30 pt rule...The truth is it is just not possible to predict the outcome....That is why I use a system for my 50/50 line and over/under bets that works on streaks....winning one game over another is not important.......last year I returned 600% with this system that takes the emotional bet out of play....
You can follow my system at http://www.fbets.com

7:08 AM CDT  
Anonymous best sports betting said...

This very interesting and useful. You should write more, keep up the good work.

1:14 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home